4.21.2009

The Lost Sheep

This past week at church we went through Matthew 18:1-14. I've always liked certain verses, but I think it's safe to say that this chunk of scripture is my favorite. Especially v. 10-14 which read: 
"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost."

Seeing God's heart like this amazes me. He has 99 being obedient, following Him. Yet, he leaves them, to go and find the one that has strayed away. He is not willing that any of these be lost. I think this truth is the key to defeating Satan's lies when we've been tempted into sin and are believing that God has given up on us. SO far from the truth!!

So often we get in a mindset of looking down on the 'lost sheep' and their waywardness. Like verse 10 and 11 say "don't look down on one of these..." God has His angels watching them as well as us, and who are we to question their path or God's timing. 

We are always influencing those around us. The impending question is towards what? It is my prayer that I am influencing those around me towards Him. I, like you, have my lost sheep kind of days. It is because of those kind of days I'm able to see the reward, value, and urgency to allow Him to bring us back to the flock!

No comments:

Post a Comment