4.11.2009

Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem. Seize the Day. Use the Moment You're In. Step Out Into the Day. Take Advantage of what You've Been Given.

Every Monday night is art night for Ms. Abby Wiese and myself. It's an awesome outlet to express the talents we've both been given. This past week I invited another friend to come hang out with us. I gave her a canvas and said "get busy." Ha. Little did I know it was going to be the thought at the forefront of my mind for the following week.

Carpe Diem is what she chose to paint. We talked a little bit about it that night, but it was the following days conversations that really got me!

At work on Tuesday, I was talking about Carpe Diem and what that means to each of my co-workers. Obviously, seize the day, was one of their answers, to which I politely said, "and that means what for you?" It was sweet to listen to their answers! It was the conversation for the next two days.

Wednesday night came and the passage was on Philippians 1:27 "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel." Interesting. Whatever happens, conduct yourself in a way worthy of the gospel. Live for someone other than yourself. Use what you've been given to glorify Him who first gave it to you. Despite how others respond, continue to choose to step out. Carpe Diem.

At this point I'm clearly thinking "okay God, I get it. You want me to seize the day. Not let other people's opinions effect my own.....But what situation exactly are you getting at?" a few minutes pass and the "AHA" moment comes. Got it. I'll choose to Seize the Day in all circumstances. Then one of my new favorite songs came to mind. Bebo Norman "Step Out Into the Day" the lyrics are as follows:

You could turn a hundred years and never empty all your fears
They're pouring out like broken words and broken bones
They could fill a thousand pages, be the cry for all the ages
And the song for every soul who stands alone

The ache of life is more than you are able
Hold on love, don't give upDon't close your eyes
The light is breaking through the night

Step out into the day, all the clouds and all the rain are gone
It's over now
Step out into the sun, for you have only begun to know
What it's all about
As the hungering dark gives way to the dawn, my love
It's over now

Time will let the story told grow and grow 'til it unfolds
In a way that even you cannot ignore
You can say the seasons change but never if you just remain
In a place where the freeze is at your door

What you don't know is the signs are right for the turning tide

Hold on love, don't give up
Don't close your eyes
The light is breaking through the night

Step out into the day, all the clouds and all the rain are gone
It's over now
Step out into the sun, for you have only begun to know
What it's all about
As the hungering dark gives way to the dawn, my love

Hold on, hold on
It won't be long
So hold on

Step out into the day, all the clouds and all the rain are gone
It's over now
Step out into the sun, for you have only begun to know
What it's all about
As the hungering dark gives way to the dawn, my love
It's over now.

LOVE IT!! Go out and Seize the Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment