5.05.2009

Eagles and Turkeys

So I was talking with a guy in my life who is very much a father figure, and also happens to be an amazing man of God. We were talking about wanting to live for God completely in all areas of life and what that might look like. It was really a cool conversation! Then He spoke these words:

"If you want to soar like and Eagle, you can't pair up with a turkey. (long pause) Because turkeys don't fly."

I told Him whether he knew it or not, He spoke some very wise words to me. So often I think we get in this mind set of 'I'm gonna change and live sold out for God.' YET, at the same time we keep the things in our life that deterred us in the first place.

That's like thinking and hoping a seed of any kind will turn into its mature form without planting it. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!! We can see the absurdity of this idea, yet somehow have a hard time connecting the same truth to our lives.

I'm reminded of 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" Paul in this scripture shares with us this wisdom that we can't keep the old with the new. It is very hard to know this truth in the midst of situations. But looking back, I can see exactly when I believed and followed these truths and the fruit that came from it!

So here's to soaring like an eagle, finding other eagles to soar with............and leaving the turkeys for Thanksgiving ;)

1 comment: