9.14.2009

Fight Like a girl!

Around Father's Day this past June, My dad's sister Kathy found out she had Uteran Cancer. It was very early stage, and they did surgery mid July. This was very hard for my family especially considering my grandparents are yet to have had cancer themselves, but had to watch their daughter have it. She had the BEST attitude about it. Sh
e remade upbeat before and after surgery becoming a great testimony to all of our family. 
Healing took a little longer than expected, but she started chemo just over a month ago. She knew her hair would fall out and decided that she would rather just shave it off than go through watching it coming out. So one night last week I went over and shaved her head. God is teaching me much about strength through her!

just before the fun began...


Cutting the first locks off


After cutting it all short with scissors...

Admiring my handy work :)


The minor detail I left out.....She decided that if she had to lose her hair, she was going to have fun with it. We shaved ISU into her hair, and she left it for the football game! This probably makes her the COOLEST AUNT.



The two of us after the fact. She's beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment